Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

My Thanksgiving pies


My mom and cousin Mike waiting patiently for food.
(And there's me taking the picture and Robert in the kitchen!)


Russ, Terri, and Mike's tattooed arms


Dad and me in the party room - their garage!


Robert and cousin Mike being silly


How many men does it take to carve a turkey?
Apparently it takes my two step-brothers: Russ and Mike


Frank and Marlene all the way from Maui


Sewing!


My lovely tree skirt



Well, it was another very busy Thanksgiving for us! Robert's cousin Mike came up from Corvallis to spend the holiday weekend with us (for the second year in a row... it's a tradition now!). We had my mom over for brunch Thanksgiving morning, and then headed over to my Dad and Terri's for a big family reunion - with family members coming from as far as Minnesota and Hawaii! After a full day and a delicious meal there, we headed over to Gene and Penny's for some late night pumpkin pie:) On Friday Penny got out her sewing machine and helped me make a lovely tree skirt! My mom came over and we all went for a walk around Sunriver. On Saturday morning I headed back over to my Dad and Terri's (Robert was sick), for breakfast. Marlene made exquisite french toast for Terri's birthday and I had a chance to say goodbye to everyone. It was a whirlwind but it was so good to see everyone. I think from now on we'll be hosting all holidays at our house... I don't think I have the energy to do that again! :)

3 comments:

  1. what a great tjanksgiving!
    your pies look delicious,
    and wow, you made that tree skirt? when will you guys get your tree?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great time with family, Robert and Holly. Thanks for sharing! Always great to hear about your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree skirt IS lovely! I like Robert in that picture. haha

    ReplyDelete