Tuesday, January 15, 2008

C'etait tres romantique!





Last night (1/14/08) was the 3rd anniversary of our first date (and we've already been married 2 years and 4 months!) I had to teach a class until 7:25 p.m., and when I walked through the door, was happily surprised to find that my sweet husband had transformed our home into "Marche Cafe"; the little French restaurant in Eugene where we met for the very first time. The house was full of candles, French music was playing, and Chef Robert had cooked the very first meal he made for me (on our second date): Dijon breaded chicken, wild rice, and asparagus in garlic and butter. We shared a bottle of Champagne and exchanged gifts, one of which was the Reformation Study Bible (edited by R.C. Sproul) so we can begin the tradition of reading from the Psalms before dinner each night. I am so blessed to have such a great husband.

1 comment: