Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Girl's Night!!!

Catherine enjoying some cheese

Gretchen, Jodi, and baby Tom

The spread:)

A pretty funny picture of Amber and me

Lindsey's "cat page" - and a little bit of chocolate truffles in her teeth:)

"Bob" the Babysitter and Chase

The Girls

On Saturday night, a few of the wonderful ladies from our Bible Study came over for a girl's night at Casa Bennington. Since Trader Joe's just opened here in Bend we decided it would be fun if everyone brought a different type of cheese so we could sample as many as possible. After some nibbling, my wonderful friends helped me make an album for our adoption file (while my sweet husband watched Chase -Amber's baby- and changed his first poopy diaper:)). I was feeling pretty overwhelmed about having to create an album that represents "us", but with help from 5 very creative women, we started and nearly finished the entire thing in just one evening! I cannot believe how beautiful it came out - I feel truly thankful for all of their help. I still have a few more pages to add (once I get the photos I need), but it's about 90% done which is one more step out of the way in the adoption process! We still haven't heard about when we'll be able to start the home-study, but I'm going to give our adoption worker a call tomorrow... and I'll let you know! More photos (of the photo album) to come soon!

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! i thought you had the child already, when you said robert changed his first diaper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Robert for taking care of Chase and the diaper! ;-) amber

    ReplyDelete