Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Grace Men's Retreat

About a month ago I received an e-mail from an elder of Grace Community Fellowship (our church in Eugene), asking if I would be willing to share my testimony at their Men's Retreat. Reluctantly I agreed and last weekend I found myself in front of 75 men (only a handful that I knew) revealing intimate details about my life. The weekend was incredible. Not only did these men rally around me in support and appreciation for my honesty, but they also became vulnerable and shared about their lives. I have to tell you, there is nothing more beautiful (other than my amazing wife) then a room full of men all singing at the top of their lungs in worship to Jesus. The weekend was full of hugs, tears, laughter, and worship. Never have I seen so many men caring so deeply for other men. It was also a challenging weekend. We were challenged to be better leaders in our family, to start taking God more seriously, and to build deeper relationships with other men (relationships like David and Jonathan). One of the most profound bits of wisdom I took from the Men's Retreat is that the love that we show each other is the tangible experience of the awe-inspiring love that God has for us. Isn't God AMAZING!!!!!