Friday, March 16, 2012

Dreaming in Yellow and Gray...

So, I decided to go with shades of yellow and gray for Abigail's nursery. It kind of all centered around a glider/rocker that I ordered; I had found a print I liked (cream with gold fleur de lis) but then I found out they had discontinued that print. I tried every color combination in my head - bright colors, neutral colors, black and white, you name it - I thought of it. But nothing felt "right". Then the owner of our (adorable) local baby store showed me a photo of a crib bedding set online and as soon as I saw it, I just knew. I loved the colors, I loved the pattern, I loved the "look". So she ordered the crib bedding that very day, and I chose a solid (pretty) yellow fabric for my glider/rocker which will now be the perfect accent piece! About a week later I ordered a rug online from Overstock.com, and today (while shamelessly wasting nap time playing on Pinterest and Etsy) I found the cutest little pillow which I, of course, had to order (Robert HATES decorative pillows, but he don't mess with mama when she's nesting;)). Tomorrow I'm going to re-measure the window in Abigail's room and then order some mustard yellow roman shades. Robert also said we could go pick out paint and get started on the walls (eek!). I think I'm going to do a medium/dark gray to bring out the grays in the crib bedding and really make the yellow chair/window shade POP). Ahhhhh, it's all coming together and I think Abigail and I are going to love it... (actual nursery photos to come!)


The crib bedding


The rug


The pillow

Source: etsy.com via Holly on Pinterest


No comments:

Post a Comment